The SLIP team are currently hard at work configuring datasets using the new SLIP data downloads solution, developed to bring SLIP downloads into line with GDA2020 requirements.
Key differences for users:
- SLIP geospatial data snapshots will be available as both GDA2020 and GDA94 for all datasets.
- Data snapshots will be available as:
- file geodatabase (FGDB)
- shapefile, except where the extract is too large for a single shapefile (2GB)
- New secure URLs have been implemented for scripting downloads, so existing automation methods will need to be updated.
- Download generation will be trigged on completion of data uploads, meaning more up-to-date data availability.
The new SLIP geospatial data snapshots will go live on Monday the 30th of August 2021. While the existing snapshots will no longer be available via Data WA, we will continue to generate them in parallel until the 29th of October 2021. This allows time for those who script downloads to transition.
Once the new snapshots go live, users will notice a slight difference to downloading via Data WA. When initiating a download, users will see an extra screen that enables the selection of datum (or alternate views, depending on the dataset and your access permissions).
For questions about the new SLIP data downloads solution, please contact BusinessSolutions@landgate.wa.gov.au.