Open Data Government Community Forum for Public Servants
The Open Data Government Community Forum will be held on Friday, 29 April from 3:00 until 4:30 PM (Canberra time).
Please RSVP to get a ticket in a venue convenient to you at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/government-open-data-community-forum-april-2016-tickets-24249423679
Friday, 29 April 2016 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (AEST)
Various locations across Australia (http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/D3310114.nsf/home/All+ABS+Addresses)
- Introductions and around the world (10 minutes)
- Australian Government update (5 minutes + questions)
- Presentations (10 – 15 minutes each)
- Andrew Dingjan, Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network on AurinMap
- Sam Spencer, Australian Government’s Department of Parliamentary Services (Parliamentary Library) on digitising political and electoral records
- Susan Clemens, Queensland Government’s Department of Health on their interactive data interface for the preventive health telephone surveys
- Peter Stacey, Australian Government’s Department of Industry to talk about the Resources Data Initiative
- Vladislav Fridkin on an interactive visualization of Australia's population projections (https://vfridkin.shinyapps.io/AusPop/).
- Closing (5 minutes)
Then some time to hang around, ask more questions, meet people if you want
Thanks to the Australian Bureau of Statistics for hosting the forum.