In ongoing efforts to comply with the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and in accordance with the WA Government Website Accessibility Policy, we are committed to making our website as accessible to as many users as possible. The content of this website is continuously reviewed to ensure that it meets the needs of its customers. This means providing access to:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- people using hand held devices and mobile phones
- those with slower internet connections
- rural and regional users.
The accessibility features we strive for on this site include:
- providing skip to links and resize options
- providing text alternatives for components of our major publications
- optimised PDFs
- use of plain language
- allowing for 400% zoom of the original size
- ensuring keyboard accessibility
- not using 'click here'
- expanding abbreviations
- not relying on colour for meaning
- operational website, even when all styles are turned off
- responsive design for mobile devices.
Further enhancements will be made over time to improve user experience.
You can send us feedback on the accessibility of this website via feedback or call Customer Service on +61 0(8) 9273 7373.
Some content may not be fully accessible. This includes:
- most PDF publications and forms
- all products delivered in PDF formats
- submissions by third parties
- news archives
- content that is provided for archive purposes
- documents that have been granted an accessibility exemption.
For assistance with any of the above, please contact us.
On your request we can provide PDF documents in Microsoft Word format (.doc). For PDF products we may not be able to provide Microsoft Word versions for other PDF documents.
In line with standard practice all document attachments will open in a new window. Sizes will only be specified for documents over 2MB.
Documents provided on this website can also be provided in other formats upon request. Contact us to request alternative document formats.
To help with scanning content or users of assistive technologies, hyperlinks have meaningful link text wherever possible.
The following best practice approach is taken for linking within our site:
- All links to pages within the site where the menu is still available will open within the same window.
- All links to attachments or external sites will open into a new window.
This approach allows users to set their browser options to open in a new tab if this is preferred to opening in a new window.
Text on this site can be resized by:
- using the zoom (up to 400 per cent) and increasing font options from your browser's menu
- pressing the Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and using the + or – key to zoom in and out
- pressing Ctrl on your keyboard and scrolling with your mouse wheel.
All images that are used to display a meaning will have alternative text available. Some browsers may also display a tooltip of this alternative text when the cursor hovers or focuses on the image.
Images that are used for decorative purposes only do not contain any alternative text.
Where possible tables are only used to display tabular information and are not used for formatting.
Row and column headings have been identified using HTML for use with assistive technologies.
On pages which display many publications, we have chosen to display these publications in a tabular format to allow ease of access to multiple formats.
Printing a page on this site
Pages can be printed by using the print button located at the top-right corner under the main menu on our product and general information content pages.
Using your browser's print option will also produce a print-friendly version.
If you have any feedback or suggestions or you are having any difficulties with our website please contact us.
This site is optimised for 1024 x 768 screen resolution and is a responsive design solution, ensuring content can be scaled to a lower screen resolution and be optimised for mobile devices.
It is recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of your browser for maximum system compatibility.
If you do not have the required software to view the documents available on this site, the following free downloads will allow you to view them:
PDF documents - Adobe PDF Reader