Released: 02 Jul 2018 by The DataWA Team
- The Digital Transformation Agency's first government open data meetup is part of Innovation Month 2018.
- Event is scheduled for 20 July 2018.
- Opportunity for public servants (federal, state and local council) working with open data to hear what other agencies have been up to in the open data space.
Released: 12 Jul 2018 by The DataWA Team
- The federal government is seeking input into the development of the Data Sharing and Release Bill
- The laws propose making more public data available for sharing and release
- It is part of a broader push to recognise and harness data as a key national asset
- The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet are seeking input from individuals and you can provide comment until 1 August 2018
Released: 03 Dec 2018 by The DataWA Team
- Are you using spatial data services? If yes, read on to find out what this change means for you
- TLS is the acronym for Transport Layer Security; it’s a protocol that encrypts and authenticates secure connections across the web
- TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will be formally deprecated
- Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Mozilla have announced they plan to disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 support in their browsers in the first half of 2020
- We will also be removing support for TLS 1.0; applications and web browsers using TLS 1.0 will not be able to connect to spatial data services (SLIP) and maps when support is removed
ArcGIS Online will be upgrading to TLS 1.2 in February 2019